Perpetual Protocol Lite UI Open Source Release
Open source interface
Perpetual Protocol has released an open source UI for developers and advanced users to deploy on local servers or as online front-ends.
View the github repo here:
Perp Web App - Lite. Contribute to perpetual-protocol/perp-lite development by creating an account on GitHub.
A decentralized system is only as strong as it’s weakest link. Traditional web hosting is not decentralized, thus making perp.exchange a point of weakness both in terms of uptime accessibility as well as anti-fragility.
Perpetual Protocol developed and released this interface to give users more options for interacting with the protocol smart contracts without relying on centralized web front-ends.
This open source UI was designed with the following goals:
- Easy to deploy and operate for anyone with basic web development skills
- Simple to use and light on resources
- Feature complete for trading and managing positions
- Extensible and easily modified
- Allow operators to easily manage regional restrictions for compliance purposes
- Connection to Metamask as well as via WalletConnect
Currently the Lite UI does not provide a way for users to approve tokens (ie. USDC) for use by the protocol smart contracts. Users can first approve tokens via perp.exchange, add this functionality on their own, or use other means such as ethers.js.
A live site had been deployed by the Perpetual Protocol team for testing and demonstration purposes.